1. SINGAPORE

 
Before starting my trip the only destination-related planning I did was that I wanna see all 10 ASEAN states (South East Asia), New Zealand and Central & South America in a time span of maybe 1.5 years. After some weeks I realized pretty fast that this plan is way too rushed for my style of travel. A full year has passed and I was still in South East Asia. 

Singapore was just the perfect country to start! I was lucky enough to catch one of the first flights of the new Berlin - Singapore route from Scoot for just 160 €.  The small and modern city-state gives you the perfect first impression of Asia. Singapore combines different Asian cultures and cuisines such as Malay, Indian, Chinese and Indonesian into a crazily modern, well-managed and clean city. 

3 Highlights:
- Marina Bay Sands light and water show
- Botanic Gardens with wild otters
- the huge solar-powered supertrees with their own light show


Visited places in Singapore


Starting a new life just after leaving the plane

Masjid Sultan at Muscat Street



Chinatown

Botanic Gardens

Spotting otters


Haw Par Villa, showing you many ways to die in Confucianism

Supertrees

Skyline at night

Marina Bay Sands