2. VIETNAM


There are three things that come to my mind immediately when I think about Vietnam: Motorbikes, Pho (Vietnam's national dish) and the incredibly beautiful mountain region of Ha Giang in the north. 

In my nearly 3 months in Vietnam, I had an unforgettable time. The best way to travel the country is undoubtedly by two-wheeler; either a proper motorcycle or a scooter. I drove several hundred km by motorbike, especially in the far north. I think Vietnam's traffic-loaded cities and difficult terrains in the north taught me pretty well how to drive since I have never driven a two-wheeler before. Fortunately, the police checkpoints were more interested in taking selfies with me instead of checking my non-existing driving license. 

The bustling cities of Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi, stunning Ha Long Bay, the breathtaking border region to China, small cozy cities as Hoi An, Hue & Da Lat and the crazy people of the country easily makes Vietnam one of my Top 5 Countries I have ever been.

5 Highlights:
- Ha Giang Loop motorbike trip
- The insanely huge cave system of Phong Nha Ke Bang
- The bustling capital Hanoi
- Rice terraces in Sa Pa Region
- learning about a different perspecitve of the Vietnam War (in Vietnam called American War)


My Vietnam itinerary, mostly covered by motorbike and crazy night buses

Amazing guest house in Cat Cat Village, ended up there for 2 weeks


Rice terraces around Sa Pa

The famous spring rolls

Village in the mountains

Village life in northwestern Vietnam





Fighting dirt tracks with Felipe 


Local family dinner

Photobomb with Kim 


One of maybe 100 Pho´s


Music Festival in Hanoi

Hanoi Nightlife

Cafes at the railway track, Hanoi

Best kind of souvenier, Hanoi

V-Leauge Football match, Hanoi


Ha Long Bay by Kayak

Fish farms in Ha Long Bay


Water Buffalos



Viewpoint in Ninh Binh





Imperial City of Hue


Exploring the caves of Phong Nha Ke Bang by boat 


River camping at Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park

Delicious Banh Trang Nuong



Abandoned water park, Hue



Road trips are amazing in Vietnam

First motorbike trip, from Hoi An to Hue

Da Nang 

Cave temple, Da Nang

Seafood in Hoi An




Lanterns of Hoi An



Typical sleeper bus from Da Lat to Hoi An

Vietnamese coffee culture


Cocoon silk factory

Snacking crickets

Market in Da Lat during a rainstorm


Wild Gibbon

Hiking in Cat Tien Nationalpark


Sunset in Cat Tien

It's easy to be a millionaire in Vietnam

Banh Mi street food stall

War Museum, Saigon

Dinner in Cat Cat

Coconut ice cream with Nhu and her sisters